Sunday, January 20, 2008

Too Many Thoughts, Cannot Focus

The Gossip Section: the Twist Tryst was wonderful. The proprietress might not have known we were coming, but she was her usual poised and welcoming self. My stomach was full of tomato bisque soup, my hands were full of yarn, and Ms. Naplover had invited lots of friends. Even KnitandFit was there although she was busy teaching a class.

Much to my relief PrincessLiaK doesn't hate us. When she left Wichita and headed off for a new adventure, I was sad and I missed her. Then, before she even reached her new home, her blog disappeared. I feared it was too much yarn, too much craziness, too many yarn-crazy Wichitans that drove her to hide all traces of her previous identity. Fortunately we didn't have to call in CSI (and I believe that the KIPers would have done exactly that) because her blog reappeared for all to enjoy. Whew.

Confession time: I've never been smitten by Mr. Greenjeans even though all of the cool knitters want to drape him around their shoulders. Yesterday everything changed. BzzLaraBzz wore her Mr. Greenjeans and now I cannot stop wanting to make my own. She should post pictures. It was wonderful.

Too much stash: However, I'm not ready to commit to Mr. Greenjeans because I have several dates with sweaters (a.k.a yarn is purchased and waiting). The Everyday Cardigan from the Classic Elite Yarns Celebrated Classics is on my needles in Berroco Comfort -- love machine washable. Next will be the Oblique in Cascade Yarns Eco Wool. Last on the list is Tailored Scallops from Lace Style in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride.

For someone who has commitment issues, putting this list of projects out for all to see is quite a risk. Meanwhile, other projects appear and grow . . . for instance the Monkey Sock in my purse in a creamy colored Panda Wool seems to have added several inches to the foot since I turned the heel. I do not remember knitting this. It could be magic. Stranger things have happened in my purse.

Big World: I would like to concern myself with serious things. The election for instance. I'd really like to see Edwards win a race. If each of the top three for the Democrats and the Republicans won a couple of primaries each, the political theater would be extraordinary. The pundits would talk themselves hoarse. I'd tune in. I almost got extra-cable channels just to watch Jon Stewart.

Since Benazir Bhutto was killed (and, no, I do not believe she died from hitting her head on the sunroof), I haven't been able to muster any interest in the Pakistan election. She was by no means a model of perfection, but I admired how calm and brave she seemed when she walked through crowds of angry people. She really believed in what she did.

These days though? I really want to know whether Prince William will propose to Kate Middleton.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you all! I am having trouble joining a new knitting group for fear it won't be like my old friends!

Lara said...

I'm so glad my Mr. Greenjeans could invade your brain. ;) I'm terrible about getting pictures of my sweaters.

twist said...

I loved having you there! I hope I didn't make too much of the fact that there was a crowd - it was fantastic! But I won't try to predict how many people we'll have on Saturdays anymore!