Monday, January 14, 2008

Money for nothing and your guys for free

Free stuff can be pretty darn groovy. Dawn from Custer Cottage dyed a bunch of border Leicester in brilliant colors -- big bird yellow, pure deep blue, and clear turquoise. She gave me some, "to play with," she said. It spins up like a dream. The spindle on the left show how it looks.


My plied grey merino and white blue face Leicester look so austere by comparison. The BFL practically spun itself. What's not to love about a self-spinning yarn?




Speaking of love, the medical community has some explaining to do. Now I love my doctor. He's cute, he's kind, he's not afraid to prescribe antibiotics when my sinuses start to rot. But there is a terrible thing happening in the local medical community. They are recommending that people give up -- brace yourself -- caffeine. In case you wondered, that includes coffee.

Before today, I thought it might just be an ugly rumor, one of those muttered offenses that becomes an urban legend. A friend of mine related a similar tale which ended by him encouraging the doctor to "go fuck himself." I thought, perhaps, he exaggerated. He did not.

Just today, I have been encouraged by my own doctor not to partake of caffeine. I explained that life just wasn't as rosy; the sky wasn't as blue. Coffee made these things happen. He insisted that happiness comes from inside a person. I could see that it was a lost cause. Didn't he know that happiness comes from inside because that is where I put the coffee? Maybe one day I'll give up coffee. Also, dear doctor, you can stick it where the coffee don't perk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your spinning looks so good! -Lia

J. Denae said...

I'm so impressed with your spinning!!
Also with the caffeine they're saying we should give up diet pop. What is WRONG with these doctors?!? We can't smoke, we can't eat xanax like candy and now no caffeine? Where is the joy?