Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Friends and family

This week I learned so much about friends and family. The support has been terrific. Thank you all for long visits, emails, hugs, and being generally wonderful.

The constant question: how am I? I've cried plenty, felt angry, happy and relieved all at once. Mostly, I'm just fine. On Monday, I was frightened by how good I felt. Husband's depression has been so bad for so long that I didn't realize all of the pressure I felt. I try to communicate and he tries not to communicate. Now that he's gone, things are easier. I also expect to feel lots of different things and experience feelings I don't anticipate. This was quite a shock, and it will take some time to recover. I cry unexpectedly when I tell people the news, and the next person I tell receives a calm, cool account. It gets better everyday, and I am going to be just fine.

On to the knitting. I unravelled the man sock I was knitting in black panda cotton. It was difficult to see the stitches in the dark color, and it required plenty of tinking. Tonight? Casting on Eco Wool for Knitty's Oblique.

3 comments:

J. Denae said...

Yay Oblique!! I will bring mine and we can knit happily with the best, squishiest wool EVER!!

Princessliak said...

I shall send positive thoughts your way. I might just have to join the Oblique Clique (must pronounce funny so it rhyme with oblique)...

Lara said...

Oh, yay! I'll bring my Oblique, too. :)