Thursday, July 5, 2007

Rainbows


Tomatoes, green peppers, lettuce and herbs have been staples of my summer garden for years. This year, I decided to grow carrots and summer squash instead of 'maters and peppers. A co-worker reasoned that you can always swap other homegrown veggies for tomatoes because folks have so many this time of year. I hope he's right because I'm feeling woefully deprived of tomatoes right now.
Instead, I thinned the carrot patch. They're still pretty small but promising. The red ones are orange on the inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It´s so curious to read your blog, I live at barcelona and yesterday I picked up the first potatoes of the season, I was really excited and I want to take it a picture.

Greetings!

Sally Knitz said...

The first harvest is so exciting. It's like a little miracle every year that things grow as expected.