Monday, February 18, 2008

Signs of Spring

I’m ready for spring, and I saw the first sign over the weekend. Little nubbins of daffodil leaves are pushing up through the soil – nearly an eighth of an inch. A friend reported that she started tomato plants, beets, greens and herbs in her green house. I may have to visit for a spring preview. Attention weather gods: we’re moving on. Snow is so last month.

Yoga is magic. After lying in bed for a week with the flu, my back was pretty creaky and sore. A couple of yoga sessions put it right back in place. Yoga has otherworldly results. I’m always amazed at how it can put a body back in working order. It’s like the knitting magic. Sometimes I cannot believe that yarn and sticks and moving and looping can make a sweater or socks. My father (a science teacher) would be horrified to hear me say those things, but it is true. No matter how I understand the physiology of the yoga or the interlooped knitted stitches, I’m sure there is some inexplicable element that makes it all work. Cat spit? Fairy dust? Faith? Who can say?

On boredom: I'm still knitting back panel of a grown up-sized sweater. It is infinite. The last pair of monkey socks are finished. Kate Middleton and Wills haven't done anything news worthy for weeks. Obviously, I need to get out of the house. Thank goodness there is a KIP event on Wednesday!

No comments: