Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Knitting, work, and -- what else? -- cats!



Bamboozle baby booties and hat in p-i-n-k! After two years of knitting, someone finally produced a baby girl. Just so I could knit something pink. It's my favorite color this year.

I love my work. It challenges and inspires me. But today? It was a DAY. Please send back the normal work place I love.

Work Haiku
You make me crazy;
you deliver solvency;
can I go home now?

And cats. Norah Cat exhibited signs of pending fertility, so she went to the vet this morning and mewed pitifully all the way there. I'm absolutely committed to spaying and neutering, but in the back of my mind I was thinking of junior high and adolescence. It wouldn't have been a good time to say "Welcome to womanhood. Please leave your working parts at the door."

Norah isn't traumatized at all. She's home and playing with a toy mouse. Atticus Cat, on the other hand, is disgusted. He enjoyed the day alone and thought the chit was out of his life for good.

No comments: